Terms & Conditions
CORRECT ANSWER: An answer to the question(s) to show skill and judgment of the Entrant.
CONTEST: The Competition operated by the Promoter to which these Terms and Conditions Apply, wherein the Entrants submit entries via the website www.bagmyshoes.com
PRIZE: The Competition you elect to enter and purchase tickets for.
PROMOTER: Bag My Shoes LTD a company incorporated in England and Wales whose office is: Harpal House, 14 Holyhead Road, Birmingham, B21 0LT (“the Promoter”).
QUESTION: The Question which the Entrants must answer correctly (in substantial accordance with the answer held by the Promoter) to obtain an opportunity to win the Prize. There may be more than one question at the discretion of the Promoter.
ENTRY: An answer submitted to the Question by the Entrant to obtain an opportunity to win the Prize.
FEE: The entry fee charged by the Promoter to the Entrant for entering the Competition on the Website.
ENTRANT: Any natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) who enters the Competition through the Website or by post to win the Prize.
WINNER: The Entrant chosen at random after the Closing Date who will receive the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
OPENING DATE: As stated on the website.
CLOSING DATE: As stated on the website.
CHOOSING A WINNER: Is undertaken by a Random Draw from a selection of Entrants that have successfully answered a series of the questions using their skill and judgment as required and those successfully answering the questions are used as a pool to draw a winner from by means of a machine.
RANDOM/RANDOMLY DRAW(N): Randomly drawn number by a number generator.
ALTERNATE WINNER: A new Winner chosen from the pool of Entrants if the previous Winner entry has failed under these Terms and Conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: These terms and conditions or as amended from time to time with notice on the Web site to them. Amendments can be made at any time by the Promoter prior to a Competition taking place or being declared as to take place.
UK: United Kingdom.
- By entering the Competition via the Website, Entrants are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agrees to be bound by them; Upon entering the Competition, all Entrants must submit all contact details requested by the Promoter (which must include a valid e-mail address) which will be used for the following purposes:
- to notify the Winner that they have won the Prize;
- to post the Winner’s name and town of residence on the Website; and
- All Entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing the Promoter with accurate and current contact details. Any changes prior to the Entrant’s details must be notified to the Promoter. No liability is taken by the Promoter for Entrants not providing a change of details for communicating with the Winner or contestants at anytime.
- The Promoter will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
- The Competition is operated by the Promoter solely and no other agent or third party or partner is involved in the Competition process or business.
- The Competition is open for entry to all persons aged 18 or over excluding the Promoter, their immediate family, agents, employees, professional advisers or anyone else connected with the development or operation of the Website or conduct or administration of the Competition in any way, shape or form. The Promoter’s decision is final on the limits of entry within this clause.
- Entries made by the Entrant/s to the Competition will only be valid if made via the Website or as instructed by 1st class post (Royal Mail) on either a postcard or inside an envelope. Postal entry is free to provide answers to the questions and Website entries are chargeable at the stated fee(s) at the start of each Competition.
- By entering into the Competition, all Entrant/s acknowledge that their payment per entry to answer the Question and thereby entering the Competition does not guarantee in any way that they will win the prize. A Prize is only awarded to a Winner of the random draw which is drawn from a pool of successfully answered questions to test skill and judgment of the Entrant/s.
- The Promoter does not in any way guarantee the value of the Prize.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash, transferred or exchanged without the express agreement and permission of the Promoter.
- Winners must comply with these Terms and Conditions. Failure to do so risks disqualification at the discretion of the Promoter.
- These Terms and Conditions do not affect any Consumer rights in English law.
- Only completed correct Entries will be entered into the Competition.
- Once the Prize is awarded the Promoter is not responsible or liable to the Winner or Third Party for any loss, damage, forgeries, in any way.
- The Promoter is not liable for any unforeseen circumstances relating to acts of god, war, strikes, or other similar events (‘events’) that are not in the control of the Promoter and any such events as weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure which affects the delivery of the Prize, or condition of the Prize or the random draw or operation of the Website. The Entrant warrants that the Promoter shall be held harmless and blameless of all such events outside of the control of the Promoter. (The events list is not an exhaustive list).
- The Winner is responsible for their own fees (including those of third parties who accompany the Winner) and expenses for travel etc what so ever to collect the Prize.
- The Winner is liable to insure at the Winner’s own expense any Prize once the Prize is awarded to the Winner.
- The Winner absolves the Promoter of all liabilities as to the Winner’s decision to enter the Competition. Any Entry shall be done at the sole discretion of the Entrant and the Promoter is not held liable to the Winner or Entrant in any way for the Entrant’s decision to enter the Competition. The Entrant warrants that by paying the Fee these Terms and Conditions have been read and that entry to the Competition is at the sole discretion of the Entrant and there has been no duress or undue influence upon the Entrant in any way.
- The Winner warrants a Fee or Entry is made by the Entrant and not a third party. If a third party has made an Entry for the Winner, the Prize will not be awarded and the Winner and entry is disqualified and a further Winner will be chosen. The Promoter’s decision is final.
- As a condition of entering the Competition, Entrants must ensure that, by doing so, they do not contravene any laws of their country of residence. The Promoter will not be liable in any way if an Entrant enters the Competition unlawfully.
- The Entrant/s and the Promoter recognize that the Competition, its administration and all associated activities are governed by English Law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants warrant that all information which they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- There is a limit to the number of entries that any one person can make via this Website. The limit is £1500.00 per person per Competition when other Competitions are being simultaneously operated or run by the Promoter as the Promoter will usually have more than one Competition being run at the same time offering different Prizes to different Winners. The Promoter is not responsible or liable in any way for the Valuation and makes no representation or warranty in respect of its accuracy.
- All Entries and Fees will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason prior to a Competition taking place or declaration of a Competition.
- The purpose of the Contest is to win the Prize; The Prize will be transferred/sent by the Promoter to the Winner of the contest. Further details in relation to the Promoter’s title to the Prize can be found on the Website. The Promoter does not guarantee the value of the cash Prize.
- The process to determine the Winner will begin the day after the closing date and a final decision will be made within 10 working days of that date.
- The price of entering the Competition will vary depending on the Competition the Entrant wishes to enter. The entry fee (Fee) will be determined by the Promoter and displayed prominently on the Website for each Competition.
- In answering the Question, the Entrant recognizes that they must exercise skill and judgement to give the correct Answer(s).
- To conclude an entry into the Competition, an Entrant will be asked to provide their contact details (including postal and e-mail addresses and a telephone number) and card payment details. Once the Entry is submitted, the Entrant’s card payment will be electronically approved.
- When the Closing Date is reached, the Competition will close. However, the Promoter reserves the right to extend the Competition at its sole discretion and the Promoter’s decision is final, but initially a Competition that lasts for 1 month can be extended for 1 month, or lasting for 2 weeks can be extended for 2 weeks, and for 1 week can be extended for 1 week (therefore the formula for the length of an extension of a Competition can be extended again in line with the same duration of the Competition and this formula will apply to any Competition that is extended). The Website will make it clear when each separate Competition will end by means of a countdown clock or similar device on the Website. A countdown clock will therefore be allocated to each Competition to show the time left to enter each Competition. For the avoidance of doubt: The Promoter will only extend a Competition once by the same duration as the original Competition length, making the total Competition length a maximum of double the original length.
- All Entries to the Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of entries submitted after the Closing Date. Refunds are at the sole discretion of the Promoter and the Promoter’s decision is final.
- The Winner of the Prize will be the Entrant whose details are Randomly Drawn by a number generator.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into about the result of the Competition following the determination of the Winner as described above.
- The Winner will be required to forward a copy of their passport or driving licence to the Promoter to prove their identity and that their Entry was made using a valid debit/credit card belonging to the Entrant or used with the express authorization of the card holder.
- Any Winner whose Entry was paid for using someone else’s credit card will be excluded and or disqualified from being a Winner of the Prize. Any fraud or other criminal offence relating to the Entry or Fee will automatically exclude the Entrant or Winner from the Competition.
- Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this Prize Competition.
- If the Winner cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 21 days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e-mail, telephone and mail to the contact details submitted in their entry, the Promoter shall be entitled to award the Prize to the Entrant selected by drawing another winning entry at random in the same method as described above (“The Alternate Winner“). The Alternate Winner shall have 14 days from notification of their status by the Promoter to communicate their acceptance of the Prize. This process will continue until a Winner is selected.
Closing the contest
The winner will be chosen at the end of each competition and the process will be filmed live across Bag My Shoes social media platforms including facebook.
- All Entry Fees will be maintained in a separate bank account by the Promoter until the Winner of the Competition has been determined.
- The Winner(s) agrees to allow the Promoter to display his or her name on the Website www.bagmyshoes.com The name, age and town of residence of the Winner will be posted on the Website for the purposes of announcing the Winner of the Competition within 24 hours of the Winner being determined.
- All Winners of any Prizes with a manufacturer’s warranty will hold the manufacturer liable for its condition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time either before or after tickets have been sold. If the Competition is cancelled, the Promoters will return the Entry Fees to each Entrant (either by bank card refund or by cheque and in one combined payment where several entries have been made by a competitor). Where the Entry Fee is returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person.
- The Promoter makes no representation or warranty as to the Valuation of the Prize. Entrants should make and rely on their own enquiries and legal advice about the Prize before entering the Competition.
- Save for death or personal injury the Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including economic loss) suffered to or sustained by any person or property as a result of any act or omission of the Promoter, nor will their servants or their agents, clients in developing, planning and Administrating the Competition, distributing the Prize to the Winner or following the distribution of the Prize. The Promoters accept no liability for errors or omissions contained within the Prize details, description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of this Website.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered by an Entrant as a result of incomplete entries or failed computer communications or for any loss suffered as a result of use of the Website.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries which they do not receive due to failures in computer systems, other malfunctions, high Internet traffic, hardware failure, software failure, server faults or any other reason.
- These rules shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant or third party and the Promoter.
- An entry shall be declared void by the Promoter and its decision is final (without any refund being given) if the entrant engages in:
- any form of fraud (actual or apparent);
- fraudulent misrepresentation;
- fraudulent concealment;
- hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or
- amending, or unauthorized use of, any of the code that constitutes the Website.
- Each Entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their future reference.
- Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- Submitting your personal information you agree to receive emails from the Promoter containing offers and developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- If a Winner rejects their Prize or the Entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the Winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another Winner. The Promoter’s decision is final.
- The name of the Winner can be obtained after the closing date of each Competition or can be seen on the Website following the close of the Competition. The address will be the Promoter’s registered address.
- The Promoter retains the right to substitute the Prize with another Prize of similar value in the event the original Prize offered is not available for any reason what so ever. The Promoter’s decision is final.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the Entrant and or Winner as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the Prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the Competition close date and time. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received, not at the time of transmission by the Entrant. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- For the avoidance of doubt all Competitions run by the Promoter to which these Terms and Conditions apply are for UK residents only (without exception).
- It is accepted by the Entrants to all Competitions that by you are not breaching any laws in your home country.
- Entries to the Competitions run by the Promoter to which these Terms and Conditions apply can be free if sent in the post using a card or a letter that has a been sent using a paid for Royal Mail stamp to post the letter or card to enter a Competition for free. Free entries will be treated equally with paid entries and the same processes will apply to selection and inserted into the random draw if successful at the pre-draw stages.
- The process for entering for free using a card or letter is as follows: Provide your name, telephone number, and email, and clearly write the answer to the question on the card or letter, Free entries must then be posted to the address as per the details on the web site related to the Competition.
- Entries made by post will end 3 working days after the day the Competition ends. Therefore any postal Entries are to be received before or on the 3rd working day after the competition has ended. Only Entries that arrive before or on the 3rd working day after the end of the competition will be considered for entry to the Competition process.